I am sick fed up of running on Portobello Promenade, in fact sick of all the places I am running. Lets be honest, running is boring, repetitive, tiring and hard. Doing it in the same place(s) all the time just makes it exponentially more dull. I think next week I am going to try and run elsewhere in the town or district.
Today, rather than the bog standard run to the Cat & Dog Home and back for my 5 miles, I headed off down the coast (part of the Marathon Route). As it turned out, Mrs Formans pub at Levenhall is exactly 2½ miles away. So ironically on this lovely warm spring Friday lunchtime, I ran all the way along, touched the pub and came back again. Boy, I would have loved a wee Magners this lunchtime!
- Eastfield » Edinburgh Road » New Street » Promenade » Mountjoy Terrace » New Street » Goosegreen Crescent » Goosegreen Road » Balcarres Place » Linkfield Road » Mrs Formans Inn (and then back again in reverse)
- 5 miles
- 40:52 (20:34 and 20:16)
- 0 (although I did think about a wee drink in the beer garden)
- Very warm today and especially blowy down at the front. Hard work into the wind on the way down. The dust and pollution on the main road was quite a contrast from the fresh air at the beach. Down on Musselburgh Promenade you are literally 20 yards from the sea!
- Switching my rest day to yesterday was definitely a good idea after my 4 runs in a row.
- Am very very happy with my time today, this is the fastest I have ever ran (I think). Works out at 7.34 mph, around 8:11 for a mile, phew.
Have a 12 miler to do this weekend. Still not sure where/when and how but it will be done!